Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flower Beauty First Thoughts

For the past couple months I've been itching to check out Flower beauty products.

If you haven't heard, this new line exclusively at Walmart is owned by Drew Barrymore and promises high-end quality for low prices.  I watched a couple of YouTube reviews and it seemed worthwhile to check it out so I picked up a few things shopping.


So the packaging is adorable.  It's easy to use and I love the uniformity of the whole collection.  The only thing I don't like is that they don't include color information permanently on the product so in time I will forget what I purchased!


Here's the Blush/Bronzer duo in BD1 Beachy Keen.  The packaging was designed to look like a flower. Pretty dang cute I think!  The lid is magnetic and lifts easily but stays put while not in use.  The colors are VERY pigmented but I didn't find them to be super blendable. I dabbed my blush/bronzer brush once on the surface and it picked up enough color for full application.  I really like the blush but the bronzer is so dark it kind of looked dirty until I blended a lot.  It is brown tint instead of orange though which is awesome!


The next thing I found was this Color Play Creme Eyeshadow which I believe is in CE9 Flirty Floret.  I was really excited to try this and I wasn't disappointed.  The eyeshadow has a great creamy consistency that isn't sticky at all.  It is highly pigmented and very easily blendable.  Make sure to use a good primer to avoid creasing though.


Finally, I had to try out some lipstick since I'm obsessed with lip products.  This is the Flower Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color in what I think is LS5 Dahlia Dahling.  I love that name, but I also really like the lipstick!  The texture was very smooth, medium opacity, and sort of dried on my lips without chapping them to preserve the color.  Unfortunately my super-red lips diluted the beautiful berry color a bit but overall I am happy with it.

Swatches below...

L to R: Kiss Stick in LS5 Dahlia Dahling, Blush/Bronzer Duo in BD1 Beachy Keen, and Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in CE9 Flirty Floret.
Hope this review was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions!

What has been your experience with Flower Beauty?

6 comments :

  1. oh woooahh, it look so good, if we get it here, I would buy it all just because its drew barrymore, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool- never heard absout this brand :9
    Wish you a beautiful day,dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the creme shadow looks great! has such a nice shimmer! :) <3 <3


    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc. Do you also follow me on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back again.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...