Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review on Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivids

Spring time is finally here and that means pastels, tanner skin, and SUN! Also, discounted Easter candy which I just spilled everywhere (Jolly Rancher jelly beans because I couldn't find the Starburst).  Oh, and can't forget about baseball--currently playing on every TV in the house.

Anyway, one of my favorite things in life is lip product. Lipstick, balm, butter, stain, gloss or whatever I love it all.  A couple days ago on my shopping trip I wore a lip color by Maybelline from the Vivids collection.  The same day I bought a few more (:

The thing I love about these lipsticks are first of all how bright but easily wearable they are.  They make a statement but they're subtle enough to wear in an everyday setting.

Also the formula is wonderful.  I have dry lips and these lipsticks make me feel ultra-moisturized.  They're creamy, SUPER pigmented, and I don't know if it's just me, but I think they smell amazing as well.  That goes for all Maybelline lipsticks.  Am I weird for that?

The colors I own are 865 Fuchsia Flash, 870 Shocking Coral, 900 Hot Plum.

See? It's true.
I like these three because I feel they're complementary to my fair skin tone.  I don't usually go for orange tones or yellow-based red tones because they make everything look icky.
Check out the full collection here.

L to R: Fuchsia Flash, Shocking Coral, Hot Plum
It was hard to find lighting today but I think those swatches are pretty true to color.

Have you tried the Vivids?

Till next time!

2 comments :

  1. The colors are lovely! I should check it out for myself too! Nice blog by the way :)

    http://www.nadirapermata.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I definitely recommend them! Thanks so much (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...